Monday, April 25, 2011

A Truly Blessed Ressurection Sunday





Saturday night, my dad asked me if I would like to dye some eggs to pair with peeps and make a centerpiece for our Easter dinner. I was all for it because I haven't dyed eggs since I was about ten. I had fun, but it would be a lot more fine if I had some little kids around with whom I could dye the eggs.





















All Saturday, it rained. Forecasts called for more rain and even thunderstorms Resurrection morning. My dad was all prepared to cancel the "Sonrise" service. When he awoke early Sunday morning, his computer forecast had a bright sun on it. He wasn't sure he believed it so he went out on the stoop to see what he could see. Sure enough, he saw the sun peeking through the clouds. We gathered in the park near our church to rejoice in the risen King then headed back to church for breakfast.




We had a great time of food and fellowship followed by a service with more joy in celebrating the resurrection. Pastor Lewis preached on what the resurrection means to Christians and how it affects our Christian walk.




It was a lovely day. Easter is almost my favorite holiday, second only to Christmas. And this year was even better than most!

















Keep on singing,

No comments:

Post a Comment